Sunday, March 8, 2009

Christians Are to the World As Dwight Is to The Office


One just has to sit back and admire the comic genius that is The Office. Week after week, this program gives us a look into the real world of employment in unbelievably humorous and sadly accurate ways. In every episode, there are money quotes, but I have to say that my favorite character is Dwight. Maybe it's just my sick and mostly misunderstood sense of humor, but I think Dwight brings a level of comedy to The Office that is largely unmatched.


But have you ever heard of how Christians Are to
the World As Dwight Is to The Office?

probably not...just hear me out here:

Christians in the world are a little like Dwight! No, not in the 'looney tune legend in his own mind' sort of way - rather that Dwight takes teasing, insults and general social rejection and sticks with who God made him to be. And so should we, folks. You must remember that to say 'yes' to following Christ is a simultaneous 'no' to being accepted by the world. This is a promise from the very lips of Jesus Christ:

If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you (John 15:18-19).

fyi - I didn't make this up, rather I found an interesting article on it.

No comments: