Monday, September 21, 2009

GOD_IS

If I were to come up to you out of the blue and say "God is...?" How would you respond?
God is...scary
God is...love
God is...unknowable
God is...out to get me
God is...
Every Sunday this fall for 2 months we are aking that very question, "What is God like?", " Do we really know GOD?"

Week 1 we went to the very source of who God is.....Trinity.
God is 3 in one, He is one being with 3 persons that relate to you and I every day.
Tough to describe? Yes
Hard to imagine? Sure
Seems like a contradiction? You know it

I'm always comforted to knwo that I worship a creator that is mysterious in some ways yet he stoops down to describe/reveal Himself to me in a way that I can only begin to understand.
This picture seems to get the closest to describing GOD as Trinity as I have ever seen.

He is a Father figure - when we need to know that everything is under control. Colossians 1:16 say, "For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him."

He is Saving Son - when we need someone who understands and stands in the gap for us when we drop the ball. 1 John 2:1 says, "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."

He is the Holy Spirit - a counselor, someone to guide us, someone to remind us of God's best path for us, and even Christ said of the Spirit in John 14:26, "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."







No comments: