Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Communicate, communicate, communicate


What is at the root of what I "DO" as a pastor? Not who I am, but what I DO?


The answer (in my book) - is that i'm a communicator - not just a preacher or teacher, but a communicator. My job is communicate the Gospel and all activities of His Church that reflect and point to that Gospel. In order to reach students, parents, families - I must (you must) learn to effectively communicate. Above is an example of a simple communicate piece that we use here in the Second Student's ministry. It is found on tables, in visitor letters, and given out like candy to communicate what we are doing to reach students. I'm by no means saying that this is the best tool (it's actually not) or that I have the art of communication down (a totally don't), but one thing that I recognize is this: second to who I am in Christ overflowing into my ministry, is how I communicate.


I keep this simple flyer posted in my office to remind me of that simple fact. Communication is key!

No comments: