Friday, January 31, 2014

Men, are YOU prepared?


REGISTER HERE to be a part of this 10 week study happening on Second's North campus
Stating February 4th - April 15th / 6-7am / Tuesday mornings

"There comes into the life of every man a task for which he and he alone is uniquely suited.  What a shame if that moment finds him either unwilling or unprepared for that which would become his finest hour."  - Winston Churchill
I keep a pair of old shoes under my desk at all times here in my office at church, and yesterday I was glad that I do.  After heading home for dinner with Erin and the kids I rushed out of the door, kissing all of them on the way out, jumped in the jeep and raced back to church for a pre-marriage counseling session with one of our young engaged couples and a service afterwards.  As pulled into the parking lot and jumped out of the car, it hit me - I failed to put on my shoes before leaving home! Seriously? After commenting to myself how great my socks must be to have overlooked something like that on a cold day, the horror hit me - "I can't walk around all night in only my socks!" Then I remembered the shoes I had placed under my desk six or more months ago. I raced upstairs, laced them up, laughed at myself, and pressed on with the night! Was I lucky or Prepared?

Are you prepared to be the man has called upon you to be at home, at work, in your community? Preparation is key because we never know when the moment will come for us to man up, step out, and be who we must. What small investments are you making to be prepared when you are called upon to lead your family through a rough patch?

I challenge you men to make an investment this spring in your preparation. Join me as we walk through this 10 week study on what it means to "step up" as a man.  Learn more at www.mensteppingup.com

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10 NIV)

Practical ways we can prepare today for tomorrow:
- Be in God's Word
- Be around God's people
- Be connected to God's church

No comments: