Monday, February 1, 2010

Write "IT" Down!

Recently I received this email from someone after I challenged him to take up journaling his thoughts to help him think through what God would have him do at this point in his life, he writes:

"I have taken up your challenge and have been journaling. I can not even begin to explain what I have been able to let out this past week. Things I have bottled up for so long and not allowed anyone else to see. Things I have always been ashamed of that I have lied to myself about and to others so they couldn't see so they wouldn't judge me...I'm tired of letting people down, but most of all i'm tired of letting myself down. I have realized I have to let God be my building block from now on. I have to turn over a new leaf."

What about you? Have you ever experimented with the art of journaling what God is saying to you? It's an art no doubt...some journals are organized, others completely random. Some letter-like, others (like mine) are simply an assortment of thoughts and challenges. Either way I challenge you, whoever you are, to write "IT" down! "It" is whatever God has to say to you as you pursue Him that day, and there's no question He has something to say...are you hearing it? Are you capturing "IT"?

Give it a shot for a season - I bet "IT" will revolutionize your walk with God

No comments: