Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Seriously??

"Don't take yourself too seriously!"
Lately I have found that one statement to be very good advice. What's the key word in understanding the whole message of the saying......"YOURSELF." If there is one thing that will get us into leadership trouble, family trouble, people trouble and ultimately keep you and I out of God's best for us and others it's taking ourselves too seriously. Here is some good advice I have been given lately: Don't make too much of yourself. Don't make too much of your leadership, your skills, your personal principles, your opinions, your ideas, your, your pride. Make much of JESUS.

Paul said it this way in Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."

So what should we take seriously??
(Well, I've been making a list and here is my Top 10)

1. God's Word
2. God's Cause and Your Call
3. Family
4. Finances
5. Humility
6. Having someone who will tell you the truth
7. Your integrity
8. Your standing before God (eternity)
9. Other's standing before God
10. Faithfulness

Do you take your SELF to seriously? Do I?

No comments: