Saturday, August 7, 2010

Are you a part of the "Desensitization Nation?"

Are you a part of the Desensitization Nation?
Do you desire to be useful to God where you're at?
Would you like life to count for things that are lasting?
Let me pose a question: "How sensitive are you to what you do, say, watch, and play?"

Between recent conversations concerning those close to me in choosing cohabitation over covenant marriage, some of the new MTV sitcoms that have aired recently, comments I hear coming out of some of our young people's mouths, my own time measuring all this in my own life against the standard that is God's Word, and what God is trying to pound into me personally I find I'm more and more sensitive to the "desensitization" that is gripping our nation. We are a people who are troublingly close to moral collapse, and we seem to be running full steam away from things that honor God, family, and even our selves. Young/old, male/female - it doesn't seem to matter as everywhere I look I see a people (@ times myself) who are becoming more and more "comfortable" with those things that do not honor God much less a stable culture.

When was the last time you stopped to think if the words you say to others, images you see, and messages you take in hold honor for a infinite God, and His purposes for your life? What is being built there?

Don't be live the culture we live in is running hard in a dangerous direction?? Seems like things aren't that bad? Check out this article our High School Pastor, Jonathan Gray, posted on our High School Blog regarding some new shows that have recently become popular (read: normal) among our nation's teens: http://www.thesource4ym.com/youthculturewindow/article.asp?id=145


I'm not sure about you but I desire to be found faithful, useful, noble, purposeful, and prepared in this life to make much of Christ...read what scripture says in 2 Timothy about our constant need to clean house in order to be used by a God for His Kingdom -


"In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work." 2 Timothy 2:20-21



fight the pull to join the nation of desensitization - I know I will


for HIS NAME

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wow, Brian. This is something I've been convicted about lately...mine mainly to do with what comes on T.V. Not that it's bad what I'm watching just that it isn't doing anything to better my spiritual life. Am I just watching popular shows on T.V to blend in with the culture??? I'm so aware of it for my kids. Don't want them to live mediocre because I'm not willing to make the sacrifice...if that makes sense.